National Franchise Dealer Association Used Car Standards
our pledge to you
10 points of difference when buying a used car from Devonshire Motors
All our used cars are background checked. Devonshire Motors are committed to delivering a first class experience to our used car buying customers. We are a local business with a reputation for quality and customer service, as such we are able to offer standards that many others cannot match.
There are a large number of reasons for choosing to buy from Devonshire Motors. For starters, as a member of the NFDA we have agreed the ten points of difference listed below.
To go straight to the cars click here
1. Nothing to hide
Theft & Write Off Checks
- A surprisingly large number of people are taken in by thieves selling stolen vehicles. This can be when cars are sold "for cash" privately. Another scam that internet used car buyers should be aware of is "car matching". This is where photos and details of real cars are posted on used car classified websites with false owners details.
- These are often priced extremely low to encourage the unfortunate car buyer to email the seller. Once contact has been made the buyer is encouraged to transfer their money into an apparently legitimate "escrow" account. But when they come to take delivery of the used car, it, the contact and their money vanishes.
- Probably even more dangerous are cars that have been involved in serious accidents and written off by the insurance company but yet still repaired in backstreet alleys and then sold on to unwitting individuals.
- At Devonshire Motors all our used cars are background checked.
2. No nasty surprises
Finance Settlement Check
- Most people buy a car using some form of loan or hire purchase or other finance arrangement.
- Some unscrupulous people will try and sell you a car for cash whilst not having settled the finance agreement that they took out on the vehicle.
- This means that although you might give them money for the car, the title or ownership of the vehicle still resides with the finance company who, should you be unfortunate enough to fall prey to this form of theft, can repossess the vehicle from you.
- You are then left with no cash and no car.
- At Devonshire Motors every vehicle in stock is bought legitimately and every vehicle is checked to make sure there is no outstanding finance on it. This means that when you buy a car from Devonshire Motors, you know that the we own the vehicle that you buy.
3. Every inch. Every car
Every Car Mechanically Checked
- Every car we sell will have had a full mechanical Pre Sales Check which includes mechanical items to make sure the car runs properly, safety items like tyres, lights and brakes to make sure you are safe and of course the increasing number of electrical items that are designed to make your car ownership more enjoyable and driving more easy.
4. The clock never lies
Every used car mileage checked and verified
- A common form of misrepresentation by unscrupulous traders is clocking cars. This is where a car with a high mileage has its odometer changed to a lower mileage to make it look like it’s a better value, low mileage car than is the reality.
- As well as in effect being a form of theft, selling you something that is worth less than at first seems, this is also dangerous as important servicing and safety items may be missed if you think the mileage is a lot lower than it is.
- Also potentially even more expensive is that things like cam belt changes can be missed if you have the wrong mileage and if a cam belt goes this can be an extremely costly engine repair.
5. Try before you buy
Test drives offered and recommended
- At Devonshire Motors we are absolutely delighted to offer test drives, in fact we absolutely insist on it. We think before you buy a car it is really sensible to give it a drive, even if you have driven a similar car before, driving it allows you to make sure that you are happy with the driving position, with the overall performance of the car and to make sure that it suits your driving skills.
- On a test drive we would recommend that you take the car for a good spin on a mixed route and also have a go at parking it to make sure you are comfortable with the car.
6. Passed with flying colours
Generous minimum MOT with every car
- MOTs are only required on cars that are over three years old and are an important consideration when buying a used car. The MOT test is an important way for the car buyer to know that a vehicle is safe and fit and proper to drive. At Devonshire Motors every used car will have a 12 month MOT when sold.
7. Not a care in the world
Warranty included with every used car
- Every used car from Devonshire Motors will have either a full 12 month warranty and breakdown cover package, or the balance of the manufacturers new car warranty. Of course we also operate within the law and the Sale of Goods Act in particular, and will comply fully with your statutory consumer rights.
- Devonshire Motors are regulated by the FCA and supported by the NFDA and Motor Codes which means there is an established complaint procedure should you be unhappy with the dealer.
8. Trade in and trade
Convenient part exchange welcome
- We know there is a huge amount of hassle and an element of risk of trying to sell your car privately. In addition internet car valuation portals may promise to buy your car but will often try to reduce the amount they give you once you feel fully committed to making the transaction.
- Devonshire Motors are happy to take your old car in as a part exchange and use that as a contribution to the purchase of your new car. This means that we are able to offer a one stop shop service where you literally drop your old car off as you drive away in your shiny, new, used car with no fuss or hassle and a very fair price.
9. See yourself in it
Brilliant, full professional valet of every car
- Every used car comes with a full professional valet, both inside and out, to make sure that as you drive away you have that fantastic feeling of the car being truly new to you.
- There is nothing quite like the experience of driving away in your new, used car the very first time.
10. No need to stretch
Affordable service and finance plans available
Search our used stock
- Devonshire Motors are delighted to offer you finance to purchase your car. The fact is most of us haven’t got the cash to buy a car for cash and we are going to take a loan from somewhere.
- With Devonshire Motors you have the advantage of being able to take a variety of different finance options.
- These include hire purchase, personal contract purchase, personal or business contract hire, and a number of other schemes. These allow you to get the best value car you can for your desired monthly repayment.
- We would certainly recommend that you talk to us about the best way to finance your next used car. In these uncertain economic times we are also able to offer other protection such as insurance to make sure that if your car was unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident, you would be able to drive away in one at least as good.
- In addition we are able to offer service plans which mean that you can budget your servicing costs monthly or even pay it up front as you purchase your car. Both finance and service plans enable you to get the best bang for your buck, both when buying and running your new used car.