Website Privacy and Legal Information
Devonshire Motors has made every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information contained in this site.
Whilst every effort is made to produce up to date products and specifications, this site should not be regarded as an infallible guide to our vehicles products and services, nor does it constitute an offer for the sale of any particular vehicle.
All rights, including copyright and database right, in the website and its contents, are owned by or licensed to Devonshire Motors, or otherwise used by Devonshire Motors as permitted by applicable law or the copyright holder. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast or transmit any text, images, graphic, logo, button, icon, image and their selection and arrangement thereof, and any underlying source code and software, for any commercial or public purpose without prior written permission from Devonshire Motors or the copyright holder.
You may not adapt, alter or create any of the material or information in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes.
Devonshire Motors reserves the right to use for its own purposes any material submitted to the site, including text and images, either on the site or in any other form, including for publicity purposes. Devonshire Motors reserves the right to monitor submissions to the site and to edit or reject any submissions.
We try to ensure that information on our site is accurate, complete and up-to-date. In using this site, however, you agree to be bound by the Terms & Conditions, which take effect on the date when you first use the site.
Without prejudice to your statutory rights, the site and all information, text, names, images, pictures, logos, links and icons and other materials (without limitation) are provided 'AS IS' and on an 'IS AVAILABLE' basis without representation warranty or endorsement, express or implied. In particular, we do not warrant or represent the accuracy or completeness of information provided on this site nor do we guarantee that use of this site will be uninterrupted or error-free, or that the site and its servers are free of computer viruses or bugs.
In no event will Devonshire Motors be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any information contained in our site or products displayed on our site, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, or any damages whatsoever arising from use or loss of use, data, or profits, whether in action of contract, negligence or other tortious action, arising out of or in connection with the use of the site.
Notwithstanding anything else in these Terms & Conditions, we will not be liable for claims relating to the functionality or availability of this site.
All names, images, logos identifying Devonshire Motors are proprietary marks of Devonshire Motors. All third party brand, product, service and company names contained on this site are the trademarks, service marks and trade names of their respective holders. Devonshire Motors does not give permission for their use by any person other than the holders. Any such use may constitute an infringement of the holders' rights.
Devonshire Motors does not represent, warrant, endorse or hold responsibility over any external sites that may be linked to and from this site. Any external site that you visit by clicking through a link on this site is outside the control of Devonshire Motors and you visit entirely at your own risk.
The software downloads from this site have been thoroughly scanned and tested at all stages of production, but - as with all new software - we still recommend that you run a virus checker before use. We also recommend that you have an up-to-date backup of your hard disk before using the software. Devonshire Motors cannot accept responsibility for any disruption, damage and/or loss of data on your data or computer system that may occur while using the software. Consult your network administrator before installing any software on a networked computer.
Aggregated Site Usage Statistics
Cookies may be placed on your computer, phone or other Internet device to provide us with aggregated data of the usage of this site and the mediums which are driving traffic to the site. The data gathered by these is aggregated and therefore your individual usage of this site cannot be attributed to you.
Essential Site Features
Cookies may be placed upon your computer, phone or other Internet device in order to provide essential site features such as allowing you to compare different cars in stock and complete enquiry forms quickly.
Complimentary Site Features
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Data Protection and Privacy
Collecting Personal Information
Devonshire Motors collects personal information when you make an enquiry or place an order for vehicles, parts or services. We will use this information to provide the products or services requested, maintain warranty and service records and, if you agree, to tell you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you.
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information that you provide to us when registering with our website (including your email address)
- Information that you provide when completing your online profile (including your name, gender, date of birth and any educational details and employment details you provide);
- Information that you provide to us when signing up to any distribution lists to receive correspondence from us;
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services, including any other transaction details made via any of our websites (including your address, telephone number and payment details)
If you are taking out finance with your vehicle purchase the information you provide for the finance proposal will be disclosed to lenders for the purposes of considering your credit application. Lenders may use this information to carry out searches with credit reference agencies. A record of those searches will be kept and may be used by other lenders in accessing applications from you and members of your household for credit in the future. Lenders will cross check this information with other lenders to help prevent fraud. In order to prevent and detect fraud we may at any time share information about you with other organisations and public bodies, check and/or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases and, if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this. We and other organisations may also search agencies and databases to check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity.
Using Personal Information
Data collected about you by Devonshire Motors will be used for the purposes it was provided, including:
- Fulfil any service or order you may request
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Supply to you services purchased through our website
- We may contact you by the appropriate media type where we are in discussion with you about your current contractual needs or where there is a legitimate reason to do so during the ownership of your vehicle
- Send statements, invoices and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- Improve customer service for example by conducting surveys
- For sending marketing and other communications to you
- To enable us to contact you about safety issues, servicing and MOTs
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (but those third parties will not be able to identify any individual user from that information)
We may also from time to time want to share new and exclusive offers as well as tailored options for you to renew your current finance contract or vehicle.
Sharing Personal Information
Your personal information may be shared with the vehicle manufacturer and selected third parties (such as providers of automotive products and value added services such as insurance), some of these selected third parties may be based outside the EEA in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK. We will, however, always use every reasonable effort to ensure sufficient protections are in place to safeguard your personal information.
Other instances where we may share your personal data include
- We may disclose your personal information to any of our staff, agents, suppliers or subcontractors where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies where it would be reasonable to do so. (If consent is necessary to facilitate this sharing we will ensure it is obtained prior to processing)
- We may be legally obliged to disclose your personal information
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Security of personal information
- We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information
- We will store all the personal data you provide on our secure servers
- All details of financial transactions entered via our website will be protected by encryption technology
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, via a Subject Access Request
- Upon receipt of such a request we will, after confirming identity, provide all relevant data we may hold to you in the most practical format unless otherwise stipulated and reasonably possible.
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- If you instruct us to no longer process your personal data we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to destroy any/all of your personal data we may hold we will do so as quickly as possible.
- If you instruct us to cease all processing for marketing purposes we will do so as quickly as possible.
Telephone recording privacy notice
We may record telephone calls you make to us for the purposes of:
- Checking for mistakes
- Training staff
- Preventing, detecting, investigating and prosecuting fraud
- Protecting our reputation and/or legal position in case of dispute
This is done in the interests of offering a good service to our customers and to protect public funds.
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office and our registration number is: Z5064336
Data Protection issues can be directed to [email protected] or by writing to Data Protection, Devonshire Motors, Braunton Road, Barnstaple, Devon EX31 1LQ.
Should you wish to stop receiving communications from us please contact us using the details above and we will action your request immediately. You can also click the unsubscribe link on any of our marketing communications or call a member of our team on 01271 342600.
Devonshire Motors reserves the right to change any of its terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. If you do not accept these Terms in full, you must stop using this website immediately.